20TH BIRTHDAY!

February 26, 2011

Okay- so yesterday was my 20th Birthday! woo hoo. Thanks to all of you for all of the bday wishes and emails. The past two nights have been horrible, with the huge waves outside the ship... i haven’t slept a wink. Anyway it was really nice to get up to a handful of emails from my family and friends. After my workout Maggi and Colleen brought me breakfast from the pool deck (which is better than normal breakfast for those of you not on the ship). Throughout the day the two of them actually handed me “Why we love Keira” slips every hour on the dot. They had 20 reasons all together- most of which were hilarious. At one I got to have an hour long massage, compliments of my momma (thanks kath), which was really relaxing. I returned to my room to find a giant bday card from Kristin and Meghan, and my room completely covered in toilet paper thanks to Maggi and Colleen. We all hung out on the pool deck for a while (oh, we had the day off of classes) before I went and took a nap. The nap only lasted about 30 mins before Maggi walked in... and freaked out because she found a huge beetle on her backpack. We spent about 30 mins trying to capture and flush the beetle down the toilet...after many failed attempts.
        For dinner, all my friends and I had food up at the pool deck... which is the new special occasion dining area. We then head down to deck 6 to have birthday cake (again, thanks mom). It was a massive cake, so all of the people sitting around up lucked out because I ended up handing pieces to everyone in the room practically. After cake, we headed to deck 5 for some dinner wine before we all went to Kristin and Laurel’s room to hang out.  There was no pub night last night, but instead we had square dancing on the pool deck... which was hysterical. Just imagine people trying to square and line dance on a moving ship. Anyway... we had to move the clocks ahead, again! so I went to bed earlier than normal in attempts to sleep.
Sadly it was a huge fail... I slept all of about 1 hour last night.  I think I might go invest in some earplugs if the store sells them... I’m in desperate need of sleep. 

I’ll put up bday pictures soon. 

Again, Thanks everyone!

0 Responses

Post a Comment