HALF WAY!

March 3, 2011

So it’s been another stretch of class before we get to India on Sunday. Not much has really been going on over here (ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD!). We are actually exactly half way through our journey... and are literally half way around the world.  We just changed our clocks yet again today and are currently 11:30 hours ahead of Central time! Ya, there was an announcement over the PA today letting us know that we were part of a very small portion of the worlds population who have been at 0° Longitude and 0° Latitude at the same time, AND changed their clocks only 30 mins for a time zone. But besides that exciting news... its test taking time. Everyone is studying again, and the ship gets pretty quiet when its test time. I’m currently working overtime on our Global Studies powerpoint presentation which is due the day after India- so I can’t wait to have that over with. On a more exciting note... we’ve had a few fun things going on on the ship... well for one thing, our water currently tastes like the oceans, maggi and I spotted a bunch of dolphins swimming alongside our ship today (as we were supposed to be paying attention in World Religions class), last night we had “The Ultimate SASer” competition which was pretty hilarious, and today we had star gazing. The captain shut off all of the ship lights, and we were able to see the most gorgeous night sky- second best I’ve ever seen in my life (best was when I went crocodile hunting on the Amazon).

I guess that is my update for now.  I might be missing a bunch of stuff, but I can’t remember when I last updated... so ill check and get back to whoever still reads this.

Also- seriously, those of you who still write me emails... you are great, so THANKS!

peace out

Keira

0 Responses

Post a Comment